Monday, December 21, 2015

One year ago today...

One year ago today, my husband and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary, so that would make today our 16th and still going. After our celebration last year my father called, not to wish us "Happy Anniversary", but to remind me to call my mother the next day for her birthday. People often forget birthdays around Christmas. We spoke briefly, ended our conversation with our usual "I love you" and with me vowing not to forget to wish my mother a happy birthday. His call was unnecessary. I have forgotten my own anniversary a few times, but I have never forgotten to call my mother on her birthday. 

The next morning when the phone rang at 6 a.m. I knew it couldn't be a good thing.

I love you Dad. I miss you. I think of you every day. In your absence, we feel your presence this second Christmas without you.

Don't worry. I will remember to call Mom for her birthday.

http://kielbasastories.blogspot.com/2014/12/no-idea.html

2 comments:

Papuga z Ameryki said...

Merry Christmas !!! :)

Chris said...

Merry Christmas to you Papuga!