Saturday, April 18, 2015

Easy peasy birthday party

Our baby Rosie is seven. I know everyone says it, but seriously, where'd the time go? Because Rosie spent her actual birthday at her Dziadek's funeral, we decided to invite a couple of friends over this weekend for a mini-party.

Yes, it is true that once upon a time after cleaning the apartment, Rosie ran to the kitchen to look for the birthday cake. You know because why else would we clean? There was no cake and no birthday that time, but we went all out this time - well, except the windows.

So how to have a quick and easy birthday party? We planned it at home, Saturday morning, 4 guests only, finger sandwiches, fruit, gellies, cake, ice cream, pitchers of fruit tea, paper plates and cups from Ikea, flowers instead of decorations. Easy peasy.

Plus we invited Miss Amanda from MaluMika to paint ceramics with the girls. Take a look. http://www.malumika.pl/



Easy Peasy, happy birthday.

10 comments:

czarownica said...

Time really flies, feels like we had simlar parties only a year or two ago, but my "girls" are 22 and 20, a! a! a!
What a beautiful party you've thrown! And all these Boleslawiec plates in the background, I really envy you...

Chris said...

Czar- I'll post you pics from our next Boleslawiec shopping trip. We've got a trip planned for the end of next month.

toya said...

I'll be waiting for pictures too, i love Boleslawiec. Shame its so expensive:(

Chris said...

I don't feel the expense is a shame when I'm buying it, only when I break something :(

Me said...

What a fun! Lovely, tempting party, and that birthday cake - you have no heart to show it to us... ;)

Happy birthday!

Chris said...

Me - I make the same cake every time. It's the one cake that always comes out and balances looking good with tasting good. What a pity we've run out of birthday's for the time being.

Justyna said...

Happy Birthday! We were celebrating Emma's bday last Sat, 4/11 :)

Chris said...

Happy birthday Emma! The name Emma was on our baby name list. It's one of our favorites.

benilhalk said...

Belated happy birthday dear!! Last year, I booked one of the best restaurants of Chicago for my son’s birthday. For this birthday party, I require a decent party planner that suggest me great spot for the party. It would be ideal if you can suggest me proficient organizer.

Chris said...

I wish I could help you, but I don't know any party planners.